Competition Number: 18016
Job Title: Lifeguard/Instructor
Department: Recreation & Cultural Services
Employment Type: Temporary - May to September
Salary: $17.50 / hr + 10.4 % in lieu of vacation, statutory holidays and benefits
Posted Date: March 7, 2018, 2:30 am
Closing Date: April 1, 2018, 11:45 pm
Last Modified: March 8, 2018, 8:38 am
Are you ready to dive into a new opportunity? An amazing season could be yours at the Courtenay & District Memorial Outdoor Pool. This popular Comox Valley attraction has been a staple in the summers of local children and families for generations. Let us know if you want to make a splash by applying for this job opportunity.
Exciting opportunities exist for temporary Lifeguard/Instructors to assist in the operation of the outdoor pool facilities; carry out swim lesson instruction, lifeguarding and cashiering duties; and assist in the marketing and promotion of pool programs and facility.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Minimum 17 years of age
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Standard First Aid & CPR C
- Water Safety Instructor
- National Lifeguard Service
- Lifeguarding/instructing experience preferred
- Knowledge of pool programming, pool chemistry and pool mechanics
- Knowledge of Health Act requirements
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership skills and abilities to provide and promote positive values and recreational benefits
- Ability to prepare lesson plans, instruct and evaluate participants in a group setting.
- Ability to accurately count money and reconcile cash totals
- Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and tactful manner and work effectively and efficiently with other staff
- Physical ability to perform rescues of pool patrons, apply chemicals, set up deck equipment, etc.
The successful candidates will be required to undergo a criminal records check.
These positions are available May 14 until September 1, 2018. The wage rate is $17.50 per hour. An additional 10.4% of gross wages is paid in lieu of vacation, statutory holidays and benefits.
Interested persons with the above qualifications should submit a resume outlining how they meet the qualifications, along with a covering letter clearly marked “Application –Lifeguard/Instructor” no later than April 1st, 2018.
To submit your application, click on the “Apply” button below.
We sincerely thank all applicants – only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.