Occupational Health Nurse
Competition Number: --
Job Title: Occupational Health Nurse
Department: Human Resources
Employment Type: Casual
Salary: Competitive wage rate
Posted Date: November 20, 2017, 12:00 am
Closing Date: December 3, 2017, 11:45 pm
Last Modified: December 19, 2017, 11:38 am
The City of Courtenay has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Occupational Health Nurse. Reporting to the Occupational Health & Safety and Return to Work Advisor, this position plays a key role in the ongoing development, implementation and application of the City’s disability management and workplace wellness programs. The Specialist liaises with WorkSafe BC and coordinates the City’s disability and return to work program including case management and developing return to work plans.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Post-secondary education in a relevant program such as Occupational Health Nursing, Disability Case Management or an equivalent combination of related education and experience
- 3-5 years of occupational health nursing experience and /or disability claims management
- Experience in a unionized environment is an asset
- Thorough knowledge of BC Workers’ Compensation Act and Regulations and Claims Management Strategies
- Sound knowledge of Human Resources functions, Privacy Legislation, principles, statutory requirements and human rights issues.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, consultative, research, motivational, conflict resolution, and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in electronic case management systems and office computer skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders such as City staff at all levels, union representatives, medical care providers, government agencies and regulatory bodies, other local governments, industry associations and consultants.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with employees regarding sensitive issues, and ability to influence and persuade employees and managers that safety is in their best interest
- Ability to compose clear, comprehensive and concise written procedures, reports and correspondence.
- Specialized training in occupational health and disability case management is preferred
- BC Class 5 Drivers License
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal records check.
This is a casual position where hours are expected to be 5 – 10 hours per week depending on operational demands. A competitive wage rate is offered.
If you take pride in serving your community and your personal values align with the City of Courtenay’s core values, then submit your resume and covering letter clearly marked "Application – Occupational Health Nurse" no later December 3, 2017.
To submit your application click, on the “Apply” button below.
We sincerely thank all applicants – only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.