Post-Secondary Summer Student Hiring Program - 2018
Competition Number: 18015
Job Title: Post-Secondary Summer Student Hiring Program - 2018
Department: Public Works Services
Employment Type: Temporary - May to August
Salary: $17.28 / hr
Posted Date: March 7, 2018, 12:00 am
Closing Date: March 18, 2018, 11:45 pm
Last Modified: April 27, 2018, 12:31 pm
The City of Courtenay is accepting applications from post-secondary students interested in summer employment with the City this year.
Duties may include:
- General labour based assistance in maintenance of roads, parks and other City infrastructure;
- Picking up garbage and litter in public areas;
- Operating light trucks and equipment, hand and power tools.
- Grade 12, or equivalency
- Fall 2018 full-time enrolment in a recognized post-secondary educational institution
- Valid BC Drivers License
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and independently
- Ability to understand and carry out job related instructions
- Ability to carry out the physical demands of the job
This is a union position and subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the current collective agreement between the City and CUPE, Local 556. The current hourly wage rate is $17.28 per hour based on a 40 hour work week. An additional 4% of gross wages is paid in lieu of vacation. This position is available for 4 months (May – August 2018).
Please submit your resume and cover letter outlining how you meet the above qualifications by March 18, 2018.
To submit your application, click on the “Apply” button below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. The selection of applicants for interview will be conducted through a lottery process.
No additional documents available for this post.