Competition Number: 17034
Job Title: Program Assistant
Department: Recreation & Cultural Services
Employment Type: Part-time
Salary: $26.72/hr 2017 rate, $27.26/hr 2018 rate
Posted Date: December 14, 2017, 12:00 am
Closing Date: January 7, 2018, 11:45 pm
Last Modified: January 8, 2018, 10:11 am
The City of Courtenay invites applications for the part-time position of "Program Assistant” in the Recreation Programming Division of the Recreation & Cultural Services Department. This is a union position and is subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the current collective agreement between the City and CUPE Local 556.
Primary responsibilities include assisting in the implementation of recreation programs and special events; recruitment, hiring, training, supervision, evaluation and scheduling of volunteers; purchasing program supplies & equipment; assisting in the marketing and promotion of recreation services and assisting in monitoring and evaluating recreation programs and special events.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Diploma in Recreation from a recognized educational institution, or equivalent education and experience
- Current Criminal Record Clearance
- Current First Aid Emergency Level - Industry and CPR Level A & C
- Sound (3 years) experience in the delivery of community recreational programs
- Sound knowledge of recreation programs and activities
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, time-management, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in computer software applications: MS Word, Outlook, Excel & Class or other Rec. Software
- Leadership skills and abilities to provide and promote positive values and recreational benefits
- Physical ability to frequently lift heavy objects such as tables and equipment
- Volunteer management
Additional requirements after hiring:
- Valid BC Class 4 Driver's License
- High Five
This is a regular part-time position consisting of approximately 15 hours each week. The 2018 hourly wage rate is $27.26.
Interested persons with the above qualifications should submit a resume outlining how they meet the qualifications, along with a cover letter clearly marked "Application - Program Assistant" to the attention of the HR Department, no later than 4:00 p.m. on January 7, 2018.
To submit your application click "Apply" below.
We sincerely thank all applicants – only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.