Return to Work Specialist
Competition Number: 17035
Job Title: Return to Work Specialist
Department: Legislative & Corporate Services - Human Resources
Employment Type: Casual
Salary: Competitive wage rate
Posted Date: December 19, 2017, 12:00 am
Closing Date: January 18, 2018, 11:45 pm
Last Modified: January 19, 2018, 8:01 am
The City of Courtenay has a rewarding job opportunity for a Return to Work Specialist. This position plays a key role in the ongoing development, implementation and application of the City’s disability management and workplace wellness programs. Reporting to the Occupational Health & Safety and Return to Work Advisor, the Specialist liaises with WorkSafe BC and coordinates the City’s disability and return to work program including case management and developing return to work plans.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Post-secondary education in a relevant program such as Occupational Health Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Certified Disability Management Professional, Certified Return to Work Coordinator;
- An equivalent combination of related education and experience and the willingness/ability to become certified as a CRTWC or CDMP.
- 3-5 years of experience in occupational health nursing, occupational therapist and/or return to work/ disability claims management
- Experience in a unionized environment is an asset
- Thorough knowledge of BC Workers’ Compensation Act and Regulations and Claims Management Strategies
- Sound knowledge of Human Resources functions, Privacy Legislation, principles, statutory requirements and human rights issues.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, consultative, research, motivational, conflict resolution, and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in electronic data management systems and office computer skills, ability to compose clear, comprehensive and concise written procedures, reports and correspondence.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders such as City staff at all levels, union representatives, medical care providers, government agencies and regulatory bodies, other local governments, industry associations and consultants.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with employees regarding sensitive issues, and ability to influence and persuade employees and managers that staying at work/returning to work in a safe and expedient manner is in their best interest.
- Specialized training in occupational health and disability case management is preferred.
- Certificate in Occupational Health Nursing or Occupational Therapy
- Certified Return to Work Coordinator (CRTWC)
- Certified Disability Management Professional (CDMP)
- Active membership in professional practice group and participation in continuing education, related to disability case management, is an asset.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal records check.
This is a casual position where hours are expected to be 7 – 10 hours per week depending on operational demands. A competitive wage rate is offered.
If you take pride in serving your community and your personal values align with the City of Courtenay’s core values, then submit your resume and covering letter clearly marked "Application – Return to Work Specialist" no later than January 18, 2018.
To submit your application, click on the "Apply" button below.
We sincerely thank all applicants – only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.