Electronic Home Owner Grant
The deadline to claim your home owner grant online has passed. The deadline was July 4, 2017 at 4:30 pm.
You may still claim your home owner grant through the following methods:
- in person at Courtenay City Hall
- through the mail
- by fax to 250-334-4241
- dropped in the after-hours mail slot located in the main front doors at City Hall.
You will need your 2017 Property Tax Notice to claim your grant.
For more information on the Home Owner Grant, including links to a printable copy of the form, please visit the BC Homeowner Grant page.
Pay your property taxes online
Property tax payments may be made through online or telephone banking through your financial institution. Find out more about Bill Payment options.
Electric Home Owner Grant Frequently Asked Questions
Why did I get an error message when I tried to claim my Home Owner Grant online?
There are several potential reasons:
- Your property changed owners after the property tax levy was generated in early May 2017
- Your property has multiple owners, and the Home Owner Grant has already been claimed for your property
- You are a person with a disability claiming an additional grant for the first time, or you need to provide a copy of the provincial “Level 2” certificate
Do I have to claim my Home Owner Grant electronically?
No. If you prefer, you have the option to claim your Home Owner Grant in person at Courtenay City Hall, through the mail, by fax to 250-334-4241, or dropped in the after-hours mail slot at Courtenay City Hall's main entrance.
I waited until after July 4, 2017. How can I claim my Home Owner Grant?
The Electronic Home Owner Grant option is only available until July 4, 2017 at 4:30 pm. After that date, you will need to claim your grant through one of the other methods noted above. A 10% penalty on the outstanding grant amount will apply.
Visit the BC Homeowner Grant page for more information.
If you experience any issues, please contact us for assistance.