Competition Number: 19005
Job Title: Aquatic Supervisor
Department: Recreation & Cultural Services
Employment Type: Temporary Full-time (April to September)
Posted Date: January 22, 2019, 12:00 am
Closing Date: February 17, 2019, 11:45 pm
Last Modified: March 5, 2019, 1:10 pm
Are you ready to dive into a new opportunity?
An amazing season could be yours at the Courtenay & District Memorial Outdoor Pool. This popular Comox Valley attraction has been a staple in the summers of local children and families for generations. Let us know if you want to make a splash by applying for this unique job opportunity.
The City of Courtenay is seeking a temporary Aquatic Supervisor to oversee the operation of the outdoor pool facilities and ensure the effective delivery of lifeguard services and aquatic programs. This position supervises pool staff, establishes positive working partnerships with community, businesses, social agencies, and recreational groups, and assists in the marketing and promotion of programs and events.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Grade 12 or equivalency
- current CPR Level C & Standard First Aid
- current Water Safety Instructor
- current National Lifeguard Pool Service
- Pool operators certification
- Considerable (5-7 years) lifeguarding/instructing experience
- Sound experience in the supervision of staff and pool facilities
- Sound knowledge of aquatic programs for all age groups
- Sound knowledge of pool chemistry and pool mechanical systems
- Sound Knowledge of Health Act, WHMIS, and WCB regulations
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, time-management, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills and abilities to provide and promote positive values and recreational benefits
- Ability to plan, organize and lead, coach, and motivate staff in a team environment
- Ability to deal with public in a courteous and tactful manner
- Ability to carry out the physical demands of the position.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal records check.
This position is available April 8 until September 2, 2019. The wage rate is $23.87 per hour. An additional 10.4% of gross wages is paid in lieu of vacation, statutory holidays and benefits.
If you have the qualifications along with the passion to help Courtenay be the most livable City in British Columbia, then submit a resume outlining how you meet the qualifications with a covering letter clearly marked “Application – Aquatic Supervisor” no later than February 17th, 2019.
Submit your application by clicking on the "Apply" button below.
We sincerely thank all applicants – only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.