Asset Management Technologist
Competition Number: 23078
Job Title: Asset Management Technologist
Department: Public Works Services
Employment Type: Temporary Full-Time Union Position
Salary: $39.54 per hour; plus 12.4% in lieu
Posted Date: September 12, 2023, 12:00 am
Closing Date: December 22, 2023, 11:30 pm
Last Modified: January 5, 2024, 11:34 am
The Asset Management Technologist coordinates asset management condition assessments and monitors asset performance, makes recommendations for risk management options and operational changes to municipal infrastructure. Maintains and performs quality control of asset registries and other databases. Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness, and recommends programs for new and existing operations. Oversees projects and conducts field inspections. Keeps current with industry best practices and innovation, and provides recommendations on new initiatives. Coordinates referrals, and provides technical advice to other divisions of Public Works.
The Successful Candidate Will Have:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology from a recognized educational institution, or equivalent combination of education, training and related work experience.
- Eligible for membership in Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC with the designation of AScT or other equivalent.
- Valid BC Class 5 Drivers License
- Criminal Record Check
- Considerable (3 - 5 years) in civil/municipal engineering field specifically related to the design, operation and maintenance of municipal infrastructure
- Sound experience in the use of GIS, AutoCAD and related software, and survey instruments
- Thorough knowledge of civil engineering principles, terminology, practices and techniques
- Considerable knowledge in infrastructure operation, maintenance and construction practices
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong office computer skills
- Ability to deal with contractors and engineers in a professional and timely manner
- Ability to interpret and apply City and other bylaws, policies, procedures, engineering design standards and specifications
- Ability to read blue prints, construction drawings and schematics
- Ability to work well as part of a team and independently
- Physical ability to stand and walk frequently throughout the day; ability to frequently work in inclement weather
The current hourly wage rate is $39.54 based on a 40-hour work week. This is an 8-month temporary full-time position with a possible extension based on return of incumbent.
If you have the qualifications along with the passion to help Courtenay be the most livable City in British Columbia, then submit a resume outlining how you meet the qualifications with a covering letter clearly marked “Application – Asset Management Technologist”. Submit your application through the “Apply” button below
No additional documents available for this post.