Competition Number: 19043
Job Title: Engineering Technologist
Department: Engineering Services
Employment Type: Full-time
Salary: $36.59 / hr
Posted Date: August 23, 2019, 4:30 pm
Closing Date: September 16, 2019, 11:45 pm
Last Modified: October 7, 2019, 9:24 am
A career opportunity exists for an Engineering Technologist in the City of Courtenay’s Engineering Services Department. This position provides project management services on multiple capital projects simultaneously and at various stages of the design process. This involves directing and supporting projects’ external service providers; tracking and monitoring project budgets; reviewing and critiquing the documentation related to the design, including drawings and reports; and attending construction sites during the construction of projects. The Technologist also assists with public inquiries, which may involve reviewing existing City policies and investigating potential solutions.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology from a recognized educational institution, or equivalent academic training and experience.
- Considerable (3 - 5 years) in civil/municipal engineering field specifically related to project management and contract administration
- Sound experience in the use of MS Office, GIS, AutoCAD and related software, and survey instruments
- Some experience in Traffic/Transportation engineering is considered an asset
- Thorough knowledge of civil engineering principles, terminology, practices and techniques
- Considerable knowledge of legislated civil construction codes and regulations
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong office computer skills
- Ability to deal with contractors and engineers in a professional and timely manner
- Ability to interpret and apply City and other bylaws, policies, procedures, engineering design standards and specifications
- Ability to work well as part of a team and independently
- Physical ability to stand and walk frequently throughout the day; occasionally attend and inspect construction sites including climbing in and out of ditches and trenches; ability to frequently work in inclement weather
- Valid BC Class 5 Drivers License
- Eligible for membership in Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC with the designation of AScT
- Criminal Records Check
If you take pride in serving your community and your personal values align with the City of Courtenay’s core values, then submit your resume and covering letter below. Applications will be reviewed as received, and applicants are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience prior to the closing time of 11:45 PM, on September 16th, 2019.
To submit your application, click on the “Apply” button below.
No additional documents available for this post.