Finance Clerk - Casual
Competition Number: 19013
Job Title: Finance Clerk - Casual
Department: Financial Services
Employment Type: Casual
Salary: $27.63 / hr
Posted Date: February 1, 2019, 12:00 am
Closing Date: February 10, 2019, 11:45 pm
Last Modified: March 11, 2019, 9:14 am
The City of Courtenay invites applications for the casual position of "Finance Clerk” at City Hall. This is a union position subject to the terms and conditions of the current collective agreement between the City and CUPE Local 556.
As an integral member of the Finance Team and reporting to the Financial Services Managers, the Finance Clerk position duties can include preparing utility and annual property and parcel tax levy billings; processing accounts payables and accounts receivables; performing general payroll support functions; utilizing Purchasing Division supply management and Risk Management systems, computer programs such as MS Word & Excel, Worktech and Diamond Great Plains.
Other Finance Clerk duties include general and specific bookkeeping and accounting tasks and maintaining various records as well as some reception, telephone switchboard, and cashier duties for City Hall.
Minimum qualifications include:
- 2 year Business Diploma (preferably with an Accounting option) or completion of second year equivalency of CPA, CPA-CA, CPA-CGA, or CPA-CMA
- Relevant accounting, bookkeeping and/or payroll related certificates or memberships would be an asset
- Sound (3 years) experience in accounting and bookkeeping, supplemented with reception and cash handling experience
- Thorough knowledge of various office equipment and office and financial computer software programs
- Sound knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping practices including double entry bookkeeping and reconciliation of accounts and sub-ledgers
- Sound knowledge of legislation and regulations governing general accounting practices
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, time management, and computer and keyboarding skills
- Ability to accurately process and reconcile cash
- Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and tactful manner
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and independently
- Ability to multi-task and cope effectively with deadlines
- Criminal Records Check
This is a casual on-call position available immediately.
The current hourly wage rate is $27.63. An additional 10.4% of gross wages are paid in lieu of vacation and statutory holiday pay, and benefits.
Interested persons should submit a resume outlining how they meet the above qualifications, along with a covering letter clearly marked "Application – Casual Finance Clerk".
To submit your application, click on the "Apply" button below.
No additional documents available for this post.