Competition Number: 19015
Job Title: Lifeguard Instructors
Department: Recreation & Cultural Services
Employment Type: Temporary (May to August)
Salary: $17.50 / hr
Posted Date: February 11, 2019, 12:00 am
Closing Date: April 7, 2019, 11:45 pm
Last Modified: May 22, 2019, 1:24 pm
Are you ready to dive into a new opportunity? An amazing season could be yours at the Courtenay & District Memorial Outdoor Pool. This popular Comox Valley attraction has been a staple in the summers of local children and families for generations. Let us know if you want to make a splash by applying for this job opportunity.
Exciting opportunities exist for temporary Lifeguard/Instructors to assist in the operation of the outdoor pool facilities; carries out swim lesson instruction, lifeguard and cashiering duties; and assists in the marketing and promotion of pool programs and facility.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Minimum 17 years of age
- Current Criminal Record Clearance
- Standard First Aid & CPR C
- Water Safety Instructor
- National Lifeguard Service
- Lifeguarding/instructing experience preferred
- Knowledge of pool programming, pool chemistry and pool mechanics
- Knowledge of Health Act requirements
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership skills and abilities to provide and promote positive values and recreational benefits
- Ability to prepare lesson plans, instruct and evaluate participants in a group setting.
- Ability to accurately count money and reconcile cash totals
- Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and tactful manner and work effectively and efficiently with other staff
- Physical ability to perform rescues of pool patrons, apply chemicals, set up deck equipment, etc.
These positions are available May 15 until August 31, 2019. Hours vary from part-time to full-time and include days, evenings and weekends.
The wage rate is $17.50 per hour. An additional 4 % of gross wages is paid in lieu of vacation and statutory holidays.
Interested persons with the above qualifications should submit a resume outlining how they meet the qualifications, along with a covering letter clearly marked “Application – Lifeguard/Instructor” no later than April 7, 2019.
To submit your application email email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted
No additional documents available for this post.