Manager of Financial Planning
Competition Number: 19014
Job Title: Manager of Financial Planning
Department: Financial Services
Employment Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package
Posted Date: February 4, 2019, 12:00 am
Closing Date: February 24, 2019, 11:45 pm
Last Modified: February 26, 2019, 9:02 am
Courtenay is an innovative, vibrant and growing City that works together to provide opportunities and excellent services making our community a great place to live, work and do business.
A career opportunity exists for a Manager of Financial Planning in the City’s Financial Services Department.
Reporting to the Director of Financial Services, the successful candidate is a key member of the Financial Services Team. This position is involved in the following:
- coordinating the preparation of the annual budget
- short and long range financial planning
- assessing financial requirements and risks
- reviewing and revising policies and programs
- oversight of payroll and accounts payable
- developing business cases
- coordinating the preparation of estimates and various financial analyses and reports
The ideal candidate will possess an undergraduate degree in Business Commerce or other related discipline; have a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation complemented by considerable (5 to 7 years) experience in performing senior level financial functions for a diverse organization, preferably local government, with sound supervisory experience in a unionized workforce.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Membership in good standing with CPA professional association
- Thorough knowledge of financial planning and analysis, performance measurement, strategic and business planning, budgeting, risk management and related legislation, standards and processes
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of municipal operations and its financial and accounting requirements
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to develop financial and business plans, monitor and report on financial performance, and assess financial and risk opportunities and impacts
- Ability to develop and maintain effective and productive relationships with management, employees, other local governments, the public and other stakeholders
- Ability to effectively lead, foster and encourage a positive team environment
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving and time management skills
- Strong consultative, facilitation, consensus building, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills and good knowledge of applicable financial and accounting software
- Certificate in Local Government Administration
- Emergency Management Certificate Program
- Courses in Asset Management systems and best practices
This position is available immediately. A comprehensive benefit package and competitive salary range is offered including:
- A comprehensive health benefits plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Cumulative Sick Leave Plan
- Annual Vacation and Other Paid Leaves
- Professional Development & Training Opportunities
If you take pride in serving your community and your personal values align with the City of Courtenay’s core values, then submit your resume and covering letter at www.courtenay.ca/jobs prior to the closing time of 11:45 PM, February 24, 2019.
To submit your application, click on the “Apply” button below.
No additional documents available for this post.