Public Works Student Positions
Competition Number: 19019
Job Title: Public Works Student Positions
Department: Public Works Services - Parks Maintenance/Transportation & Utilities Maintenance Divisions
Employment Type: Temporary (May to August)
Salary: $17.63 + 4% in lieu of vacation/hr
Posted Date: March 7, 2019, 12:00 am
Closing Date: March 31, 2019, 11:45 pm
Last Modified: April 30, 2019, 9:32 am
Post-secondary Students Summer Employment Opportunities
The Public Works Department at the City of Courtenay is seeking motivated and positive individuals who want to make a difference in their community.
Duties may include:
- General labour based assistance in maintenance of roads, parks and other City infrastructure;
- Picking up garbage and litter in public areas;
- Operating light trucks and equipment, hand and power tools.
- Grade 12, or equivalency
- Fall 2019 full-time enrolment in a recognized post-secondary educational institution
- Valid BC Drivers License
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and independently
- Ability to understand and carry out job related instructions
- Ability to carry out the physical demands of the job
This is a union position and subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the current collective agreement between the City and CUPE, Local 556. The current hourly wage rate is $17.63 per hour based on a 40 hour work week. An additional 4% of gross wages is paid in lieu of vacation. This position is available for 4 months (May – August 2019).
Qualified applicants must be willing to commit to the entire 4 month term.
Please submit your resume outlining how you meet the above qualifications along with a covering letter marked “Application – Summer Student” by March 31, 2019.
To submit your application, email email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. The selection of applicants for interview will be conducted through a lottery process.
No additional documents available for this post.