Relief Finance Clerk
Competition Number: 19011
Job Title: Relief Finance Clerk
Department: Financial Services
Employment Type: Temporary Full-time
Salary: $27.63 to start; $29.78 after 3 months; and $30.68 after 6 months
Posted Date: February 11, 2019, 12:00 am
Closing Date: February 26, 2019, 11:45 pm
Last Modified: March 11, 2019, 9:15 am
The City of Courtenay invites applications for the relief position of "Finance Clerk” at City Hall. This is a union position subject to the terms and conditions of the current collective agreement between the City and CUPE Local 556.
As an integral member of the Finance Team and reporting to the Manager of Finance, you will be responsible for general and specific bookkeeping and accounting tasks and maintaining various records. Duties may include processing accounts payable and accounts receivable; performing general payroll functions; and reception, telephone, switchboard, and cashier duties for City Hall.
Minimum qualifications include:
- 2 year Diploma of Business Finance or completion of second year equivalency of CPA, CPA-CA, CPA-CGA, or CPA-CMA
- Relevant accounting, bookkeeping and/or payroll related certificates or memberships would be an asset
- Sound (3 years) experience in accounting and bookkeeping, supplemented with reception and cash handling experience
- Thorough knowledge of various office equipment and office financial computer software programs
- Sound knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping practices including double entry bookkeeping and reconciliation of accounts and sub-ledgers
- Sound knowledge of legislation and regulations governing general accounting practices
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, time management, and computer and keyboarding skills
- Ability to accurately process and reconcile cash
- Ability to deal with public in a courteous and tactful manner
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and independently
- Ability to multi-task and cope effectively with deadlines
- Criminal Records Check
- Sound work ethics
This is a temporary full-time position available immediately for approximately 12 months or until the return of the incumbent. Hours of work are generally 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
The current hourly wage rates, based on a 35-hour workweek, are $27.63 to start, $29.78 after 3 months, and $30.68 after 6 months.
Interested persons should submit a resume outlining how they meet the above qualifications, along with a covering letter clearly marked "Application – Relief Finance Clerk".
This posting closes on February 26, 2019.
To submit your application, click on the “Apply” button below.
We sincerely thank all applicants; however, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.