Summer Camp Inclusion Leader
Competition Number: 19010
Job Title: Summer Camp Inclusion Leader
Department: Recreation & Cultural Services
Employment Type: Temporary (June to August)
Posted Date: February 6, 2019, 12:00 am
Closing Date: June 9, 2019, 11:45 pm
Last Modified: June 24, 2019, 1:37 pm
Courtenay Recreation is looking for fun and energetic individuals who enjoy working with children to join our dynamic Summer Camp Team!
Develop your leadership, programming and facilitation skills while delivering summer camps to children ages 3-15 years! Continue to learn and grow in the field of Recreation while enjoying team work, collaboration and serving the public!
Summer Camp Inclusion Leaders are responsible for successfully integrating a wide range of participants with special needs into appropriate summer recreation programs. You are responsible for providing direct supervision, activity adaptation, instruction and leadership to all inclusion participants while promoting healthy lifestyle choices through the incorporation of physical activities and educational components.
Inclusion Leaders must maintain accurate written records relating to participants and be able to maintain a level of confidentiality with participants and their parents. Summer programs are facilitated both on and off site andcandidates must be comfortable supervising participants in those settings.
- Applicants must be available to work from June 17th through to August 30th, 2019 between the hours of 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday; Staff not available until July 2 must be available to attend training June 8,15,22 & 28;
- Proof of Grade 12 completion;
- Applicants must have First Aid and CRP C certification or be willing to obtain;
- Applicants must have previous experience working with children with special needs;
- Applicants must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and maintain a level of confidentiality with program participants, volunteers, staff and the public.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following additional qualifications:
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention;
- Food Safe;
- High 5 Certification;
- Class 4 BC Driver’s License;
- Special hobbies or skills such as dance, art, skateboarding, scootering and cooking.
To submit your application, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.