Summer Camp Junior Leader
Competition Number: 19009
Job Title: Summer Camp Junior Leader
Department: Recreation & Cultural Services
Employment Type: Temporary (June to August)
Posted Date: February 6, 2019, 12:00 am
Closing Date: April 5, 2019, 11:45 pm
Last Modified: March 14, 2019, 2:43 pm
Courtenay Recreation is looking for fun and energetic individuals who enjoy working with children to join our dynamic Summer Camp Team!
Develop your leadership, programming and facilitation skills while delivering summer camps to children ages 3-15 years! Continue to learn and grow in the field of Recreation while enjoying team work, collaboration and serving the public!
Junior Camp Leaders are responsible for implementing activities for summer camp participants in the areas of leisure hobbies, sports, cooking, STEM, performing arts, culture, fitness, socialization and outdoor exploration. You are responsible for providing direct supervision, instruction and leadership to all participants while promoting healthy lifestyle choices through the incorporation of physical activities and educational components.
Summer Camp Junior Leaders will support volunteers in their leadership development. Summer programs are facilitated both on and off site and candidates must be comfortable supervising participants in those settings.
- Applicants must be available to work from June 17th through to August 30th, 2019 between the hours of 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday;
- Applicants must have First Aid and CRP C certification or willing to obtain;
- Applicants must have previous experience working with children;
- Applicants must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and maintain a level of confidentiality with program participants, volunteers, staff and the public.
- Must have completed or currently be completing Grade 10.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Food Safe;
- High 5 Certification;
- Class 4 BC Driver’s License;
- Special hobbies or skills such as dance, art, skateboarding, scootering and cooking.
To submit your application, email firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter, resume, and job posting number to email@example.com