Team Leader Lifeguard/Instructors
Competition Number: 19016
Job Title: Team Leader Lifeguard/Instructors
Department: Recreation & Cultural Services
Employment Type: Temporary (May to August)
Salary: $18.50 / hr
Posted Date: February 11, 2019, 12:00 am
Closing Date: March 29, 2019, 11:45 pm
Last Modified: March 14, 2019, 10:36 am
Are you ready to dive into a new opportunity? An amazing season could be yours at the Courtenay & District Memorial Outdoor Pool. This popular Comox Valley attraction has been a staple in the summers of local children and families for generations. Let us know if you want to make a splash by applying for this job opportunity.
Exciting opportunities exist for temporary Team Leader Lifeguard/Instructors to assist in the overall operation of the outdoor pool including mechanical, pool chemistry, janitorial, and pool opening and closing; the direction and provision of aquatic instruction and recreation programming; supervision and training of staff and volunteers.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Grade 12 or equivalency
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Standard First Aid & CPR “C”
- Water Safety Instructor
- National Lifeguard Service
- Pool Operator Level 1 an asset
- Aquasize Certification or BCRPA Fitness Instructor an asset
- Minimum 2 years lifeguarding/instructing experience
- Staff supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge of pool programming, pool chemistry and pool mechanics
- Knowledge of Health Act, WHMIS and WorksafeBC regulations
- Strong focus on teamwork
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, time-management, conflict- resolution, and problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills and abilities to provide and promote positive values and recreational benefits
- Ability to prepare lesson plans, instruct and evaluate participants in a group setting.
- Ability to accurately count money and reconcile cash totals
- Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and tactful manner and work effectively and efficiently with other staff
- Physical ability to perform rescues of pool patrons, apply chemicals, set up deck equipment, etc.
These positions are available May 15 until August 31, 2019. Hours vary from part-time to full-time and include days, evenings and weekends.
The wage rate is $18.50 per hour. An additional 4 % of gross wages is paid in lieu of vacation, statutory holidays and benefits.
Interested persons with the above qualifications should submit a resume outlining how they meet the qualifications, along with a covering letter clearly marked “Application – Head Lifeguard/Instructor” no later than March 29, 2019.
To submit your application, email email@example.com
We sincerely thank all applicants – only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter, resume, and job posting number to firstname.lastname@example.org