2016 Watermain Replacement Projects
Start: August 29, 2016
End: Late October 2016
Last Updated: August 26, 2016
Three watermain replacement projects in the City of Courtenay are planned for 2016.
- Anderton Avenue from 5th Street to 6th Street
August 29 to early October, 2016 - View construction notice [PDF - 201 KB]
- Duncan Avenue from 4th Street to 6th Street
Starting week of September 6 or 12 to late October, 2016 - View construction notice [PDF - 215 KB]
- Dingwall Road from Western Road to McLauchlin Drive
Start date to be announced
The City of Courtenay held an open house on April 12, 2016 to share information on these projects.
During construction, on-street parking and vehicle traffic will be limited at times, and there will be intermittent disruptions to water service. The contractor will work with residents and businesses to accommodate any property access related matters and will provide a minimum of 48 hours’ notice before any planned water shut-offs.
Traffic Control Personnel will be on site to direct vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists within the work area.
- Construction Drawings [PDF - 8.1 MB]
- March 2016 Neighbourhood Flyer - Anderton Avenue [PDF - 257 KB]
- March 2016 Neighbourhood Flyer - Dingwall Road [PDF - 296 KB]
- March 2016 Neighbourhood Flyer - Duncan Avenue [PDF - 269 KB]