Courtenay Recreation Program Update
December 18, 2020
Courtenay Recreation has received new guidelines from provincial authorities on province-wide restrictions for fitness and physical activities. These new guidelines are being used to shape the programs offered in the winter session.
Here is a snapshot of what our program offerings will be starting in January.
Programs on hold:
- All high intensity adult fitness programs are suspended. These are classes like Spin, High Intensity Interval Training, Bootcamp, Dance, Zumba and more
- All other adult classes scheduled for the winter term (art, special interest, sports) are on hold. Our staff will be monitoring Provincial Health Orders in January to see if they can be offered.
- Sports and special interest programs for children and teens are able to run on an individual skill and development only basis. We are making any modifications needed and we anticipate many of our children and teen programs will be offered in the winter term.
- Low intensity group fitness and yoga classes will be offered. Examples of these include Hatha Yoga, Strength Training and more. Stay tuned as we adapt some of our high intensity classes to low intensity. Visit our pre-reserved fitness page to see our schedule starting January 4th and view our pre-registered classes at www.courtenay.ca/reconline
- Personal Training will be available starting January 18, 2021. (please call 250-338-5371 or 338-1000 to book).
- The Wellness Centre (workout facility) will continue to be available for pre-registered drop-ins.
Our team is working hard behind the scenes and is closely following health orders. View the COVID-19 safety plans and guidelines for our programs.
Stay tuned! We will provide an update on our winter program session around January 18th.
Over the holidays check out our extensive library of virtual fitness and dance with many of your favourite instructors at Virtual Recreation with our team!
Register for programs online at www.courtenay.ca/reconline
Have questions? Call our friendly staff at 250-338-5371 or 205-338-1000