Courtenay Recreation: Wellness Centre Re-opening on January 21
January 19, 2022
Courtenay Recreation Update: In accordance with recent Public Health Orders, we are happy to announce the gradual re-opening of the Wellness Centre (fitness facility) at the Lewis Centre on Friday, January 21 at 5:30 a.m.
We are working on details for the return of fitness classes and information will be released shortly – stay tuned.
Changes to Wellness Centre Operations:
- Capacity of 25 people maximum (as per PHO). To ensure adequate space is available, some equipment pieces have been placed out of order at this time.
- Pre-booking is required to workout. Timeslots are 1 hour and 15 minutes in length and registration begins Thursday, January 20 at 2 p.m. Book online at www.courtenay.ca/reconline or by calling 250-338-5371 or 250-338-1000. Please note that only one week advance booking will be available at this time.
- Please visit our Wellness Centre page for the current schedule.
All memberships will be re-activated on Friday, January 21. If you wish to pre-register on Thursday for a Friday timeslot, please call to unsuspend your membership. Should you wish to keep your membership suspended, please contact us at 250-338-5371 or 250-338-1000.
Personal training will resume the week of January 24. Office staff will contact those with pre-booked sessions to confirm training times.
- Proof of full vaccination status is required for all ages attending the Wellness Centre. Please note: as per PHO – you must produce a QR code for scanning and government issued ID for those 19 and over.
- Masks are required at all times while in the facility, including within the Wellness Centre, except when directly participating in physical activity.
Thank you for your patience as we work on the details involved in meeting Public Health Order requirements.
Contact our friendly staff at the Lewis Centre, 250-338-5371 or the Florence Filberg Centre, 250-338-1000.