Subdivision Pre-application Research
Your Proposal should be well prepared before submitting an application. Be knowledgeable about your property and aware of relevant City policies, plans and regulations:
- Current Zoning Bylaw and Official Community Plan designations for the property and their requirements for subdivision;
- Site conditions, such as lot size, topography, drainage, soil types and hazards;
- Availability of services (water, sanitary sewer, storm water, roads and other possible service needs). Contact the Engineering Department (250)334-4441 for more information;
- Property history (historic uses, existing buildings, prior approvals) and surrounding uses;
- Applicable permit fees and additional costs of construction;
- Legal encumbrances on Title (e.g. easements, covenants); and,
- Provincial or federal regulations pertaining to the property.
Your design brief should demonstrate an understanding of all the above considerations.