Courtenay Parks and Trails Map [PDF - 564 KB]
View city parks and trails on this printable letter size map.
New Interactive Parks Map
Zoom in to find parks in Courtenay and to see walking trails, special features, and photos. Print any section of the map customized to the park information needed.
Parks and Greenways
A list of specialty parks, greenways, and community parks and playgrounds in Courtenay.
Courtenay Recreation coordinates the community use of all parks and school playing fields in the city.
Partners in Parks
This program brings community and corporate sponsors together with work projects in parks.
Have Fun - Play Safe!
Safety is everyone’s responsibility. In Courtenay, we are working to make sure the equipment is safe to use. Things parents and caregivers should remember:
- All children should be appropriately supervised based on their age, development and abilities.
- Depending on the park, playground equipment is intended for use by children aged 18 months to 12 years.
- Ensure children are wearing appropriate clothing while playing on the equipment. Remove drawstrings when playing on the equipment.
- Bike helmets should be removed while playing on the playground equipment.
Facts to note
- Falls off equipment make up 65 per cent of playground injuries.
- Of those injuries, 43 per cent are caused by misuse or lack of supervision.
Help us keep you safe
If you see any unsafe conditions in our parks, please report them to City of Courtenay Public Works at 250-338-1525 or Courtenay Recreation at 250-338-5371. Thank you!
Dogs in Parks
City bylaws state that dogs in parks are to be on a leash and owners are to pick up after their dogs. As well, dogs are not allowed on playing fields, but can use the perimeter areas of these parks. This is in effect at Lewis, Valley View, Mission, Woodcote, Martin and Bill Moore Parks. Parks are open for everyone and all users need to be respected. Thank you for your cooperation.
Bench and Tree Donation Program
The City of Courtenay's Bench and Tree Donation Program is currently not active. If you have questions please call City Hall at 250-334-4441 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.