Following these seven tips will help us to process your development application more efficiently:
- Familiarize yourself with the review process.
- Submit a complete application with accurate information.
- Keep a record of your file number and quote it whenever you contact us.
- Keep in mind that it may take you several weeks or months to complete your application requirements, depending on the complexity of the project.
- Keep a record of approvals, correspondence and decisions from meetings.
- Minimize deviations from established development policies or standards. Remember that the more your proposal differs from established policy or standards, the more time it will take to process.
- If a proposal needs to be revised in order to meet city policies or standards, provide all the required revisions in one submission. To expedite the review process, provide a cover letter explaining how each of the outstanding issues has been addressed. If you have questions about staff comments or requirements, please contact staff before resubmittal.