Selling to the City
The City of Courtenay is dedicated to conducting procurement activities transparently, efficiently and effectively ensuring fairness for all parties involved.
The City of Courtenay’s Purchasing Division is responsible for purchasing materials, supplies, equipment and services as needed by the various City departments. We procure to ensure best value to the taxpayer by considering price, environmental accountability, quality, service life, social value and indigenous opportunities.
How To Become a City Vendor
Contact the Purchasing Division at email@example.com and provide your company information including products and services.
The City maintains active records of vendor information made available to City departments. The City reserves the right to remove any vendor from our records at any time.
Vendors working for the City on our premises will be required to acquire and submit valid insurance, a business license, WorkSafeBC and other Occupational Health and Safety documentation in a format acceptable to the City.
How The City Conducts Purchasing Business
The City uses a number of methods to acquire the goods and services it requires:
- For all purchases under $2,500, the employee name and department must be clearly stated on the packing slip and invoice.
- Unless and exemption applies, purchases over the following amounts require the City to request at least three quotations:
- $10,000 for general goods and services;
- $50,000 for professional services; and
- $50,000 for construction related services.
- Unless an exemption applies, purchases over the following amounts are conducted by a formal competitive bidding process posted to BC Bid and the City's website:
- $75,000 for general goods and services;
- $75,000 for professional services; and
- $200,000 for construction services.
- The City has strict policies against employees accepting gifts or other gratuities from vendors.
We welcome your inquiries at 250-334-4441 from 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday or at firstname.lastname@example.org