The Human Resources Department is a dedicated and motivated team of professionals. We strive to deliver quality services and exemplary customer service. The goal is to apply best practices in human resources to foster top performance across the organization. We do this by assisting all departments in creating a safe, healthy and supportive environment where employees are valued and respected; and supporting all levels of City staff to work towards positive outcomes and in the interests of the City of Courtenay.
Human Resources provide professional advice and support in several areas including:
- New Employee Orientation
- Recruitment / Selection / Retention
- Employee Relations
- Learning and Development
- Payroll / Benefits / Compensation
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Stay at Work / Return to Work Case Management
- Employee Wellness
- Labour Relations
- Human Resources Management (performance management, succession planning)
- Strategic Management (policy development and workforce planning)
Our Core values define who we are as an organization, guide our decision making, help us recruit, hire, engage, manage and retain quality employees, and inspire good relations with the people we serve.
For more information including a Core Values video with City of Courtenay staff visit the Mission & Core Values page