Competition Number: #23027
Job Title: Computer Technician
Department: Information Technology Division of the Corporate Services
Employment Type: Full-Time Union Position
Posted Date: March 7, 2023, 12:00 am
Closing Date: March 26, 2023, 4:00 pm
Last Modified: April 27, 2023, 2:38 pm
The City of Courtenay invites applications for the position of full-time “Computer Technician” in the Information Technology Division of the Corporate Services Department. This is a union position subject to the terms and conditions of the current collective agreement between the City and CUPE Local 556.
The Computer Technician will assist in the planning, prioritizing and evaluation of daily repairs and maintenance of computer systems; provide help desk support and first line maintenance and repairs on PC’s and related equipment; will develop and maintain current equipment inventory records and purchase small equipment and software; will assist the Network Technician in the daily operation of the Local Area Network and carry out fixes as directed; will assist in the installation and maintenance of server hardware and software as directed by the Network Coordinator; and will assist in the installation and maintenance of wireless stations are directed.
- Diploma or Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science from a recognized post-secondary institution, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver's License
- Current Criminal Records Clearance
- sound (3 years) recent experience in help desk support and first line maintenance of PCs
- some experience in configuring, installing, and maintaining hardware and software for LANs and servers
- thorough knowledge of Windows operating systems, desktop computers, printers, and a wide variety of software applications including deployment of imaged systems
- ability to work within a triaged help-desk environment
- sound knowledge about monitoring system operations and security
- strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and time management, analytical and problem-solving skills
- knowledge of Office365 or KACE systems management an asset
- ability to work well as a member of a team and independently
- ability to function with ever-changing deadlines and priorities
- physical ability to frequently work in awkward positions, lift heavy items such as computer equipment, use small hand tools, and occasionally climb ladders and carry out work on rooftops
The current hourly wage rate is $35.21 based on a 35-hour work week.
If you have the qualifications along with the passion to help Courtenay be the most livable City in British Columbia, then submit a resume outlining how you meet the qualifications with a covering letter clearly marked “Application – Computer Technician”. To submit your application, click on the “Apply” button below no later than March 26, 2023.
No additional documents available for this post.