Casual (On Call) Clerical
Competition Number: 23034
Job Title: Casual (On Call) Clerical
Employment Type: Casual; On-Call
Salary: $31.86 + 12.4% in lieu
Posted Date: March 28, 2023, 12:00 am
Closing Date: April 16, 2023, 11:30 pm
Last Modified: April 19, 2023, 11:56 am
The City of Courtenay invites written applications for a casual (on-call) clerical support at the City of Courtenay. This is a union position and is subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the current collective agreement between the City and CUPE Local 556.
Primary responsibilities include reception and clerical duties for the general public in a variety of departments.
Minimum qualifications include:
- 1 year of post-secondary Business Technology or Administration, OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Sound (3 years) experience in reception, telephone and cash handling
- Considerable (5 years) experience secretarial and clerical experience
- Considerable knowledge in the operation of various office equipment and office software programs such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, organizational, communication, time management, computer and keyboarding skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and tactful manner
- Ability to work well as part of a team; and independently or occasionally work alone without supervision
- Sound work ethics
- Criminal Record Clearance
This is a casual, on-call position involving shifts during regular business hours (7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) The wage rate is $31.86 per hour; an additional 12.4% of gross wages is paid in lieu of vacation, statutory holidays and benefits.
Interested persons who meet the above qualifications and are available to respond to assignments on short notice should submit a resume outlining how they meet the qualifications, along with a covering letter by clicking on the “Apply” button below.
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
We sincerely thank all applicants – only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.