Casual Receptionist (On Call)
Competition Number: 23019
Job Title: Casual Receptionist (On Call)
Department: Recreation, Culture & Community Services
Employment Type: Casual; On-Call
Salary: The current wage rate is $28.77 per hour. An additional 12.4% of gross wages is paid in lieu of vacation, statutory holidays and benefits.
Posted Date: February 3, 2023, 12:00 am
Closing Date: March 8, 2023, 12:30 pm
Last Modified: March 28, 2023, 8:26 am
The City of Courtenay invites written applications for a casual (on-call) Receptionist in the Recreation, Cultural and Community Services Department at both the Lewis and Filberg Centres. This is a union position and is subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the current collective agreement between the City and CUPE Local 556, Schedule “C”.
Primary responsibilities include reception duties for the general public and facility users regarding community and recreation services and programs, and providing clerical support to office and program staff.
Minimum qualifications include:
- 1 year of post-secondary Business Technology or Administration, OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Current First Aid Emergency Level - Industry and CPR Level C
- Some (2 years) receptionist, clerical, and cash-handling experience
- Considerable knowledge in the operation of various office equipment and office software programs such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Some knowledge in basic bookkeeping principles and practices
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, organizational, communication, time management, computer and keyboarding skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and tactful manner
- Ability to work well as part of a team; and independently or occasionally work alone without supervision
- Sound work ethics
- Criminal Record Clearance
This is a casual, on-call position involving shifts during regular business hours, evenings and weekends. The current wage rate is $28.77 per hour. An additional 12.4% of gross wages is paid in lieu of vacation, statutory holidays and benefits.
Interested persons who meet the above qualifications and are available to respond to assignments on short noticeshould submit a resume outlining how they meet the qualifications, along with a covering letter by clicking on the “Apply” button below.
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
We sincerely thank all applicants – only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.