Competition Number: 22067
Job Title: Gymnastics Coach
Department: Recreation, Culture & Community Services
Employment Type: Part-Time
Salary: $20 to $24 per hour depending on experience; additional 4%
Posted Date: July 12, 2022, 12:00 am
Closing Date: January 22, 2023, 11:30 pm
Last Modified: February 10, 2023, 8:33 am
The City of Courtenay Recreation Programming Division is inviting applications for a Gymnastics Coach. The Recreation Programming Division is responsible for the provision of programs and leisure opportunities for all age groups year-round. The Division promotes healthy lifestyles and works with individuals and community groups in the provision of recreation services.
As a Gymnastics Coach you are responsible for supervising, implementing and facilitating registered and drop-in Gymnastics programs, including set-up/take-down of equipment, preparing report cards, program planning, adhering to safety protocols and assisting with the mentorship of staff/participants. This is a non-union, casual position and may include afternoon, evening or weekend shifts.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Gymnastics Foundations Level 1 (NCCP)
- First Aid Level 1 & CPR C
- Respect in Sport Certificate
- Trampoline Level 1
- Level 2, 3 NCCP
- Level 2,3 Trampoline
- At least 1-year experience in the delivery of Gymnastics in a community setting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Gymnastic recreation programs and activities
- Knowledge of the principles of High Five/Physical Literacy and experience implementing into programming
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, time-management, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated and ability to work as a team and independently
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, including days, afternoon, evenings, weekday and weekends as required for operational requirements.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal records check.
This position is available part-time from September – June. The wage rate ranges from $20-24 depending on experience and qualifications. An additional 4% of gross wages is paid in lieu of vacation, statutory holidays and benefits.
If you have the qualifications along with the experience, please submit a resume outlining how you meet the qualifications with a cover letter clearly marked “Application – Gymnastics Coach” no later than October 30, 2022. Submit your application by clicking the "Apply" button.
We sincerely thank all applicants – only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.