Operations Maintenance Worker
Competition Number: 21048
Job Title: Operations Maintenance Worker
Department: Public Works Services
Employment Type: Temporary, Full-Time
Posted Date: September 13, 2021, 12:00 am
Closing Date: September 27, 2021, 11:30 pm
Last Modified: October 4, 2021, 12:22 pm
The City of Courtenay invites applications for the position of temporary "Operations Maintenance Worker” in the Utilities Maintenance Division. This is a union position subject to the terms and conditions of the current collective agreement between the City and CUPE Local 556.
The Operations Maintenance Worker (OMW) participates in the construction and/or installation, maintenance and repair of Transportation and Utilities related infrastructure. OMW’s shall be involved in the day to day operations by performing a variety of semi-skilled tasks such as; concrete and asphalt work, digging trenches, laying pipes, traffic control, picking up litter, etc. and operating light trucks and equipment. May wash, clean and carry out minor repairs and painting of equipment and/or system appurtenances.
- Completion of Introduction to Public Works Operations - BCIT – PUBW 1001 or;
- Current Operator-In-Training (OIT) certification through Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP)
- Valid BC Class 3 Drivers License with Air Endorsement
- Current Membership with the Public Works Association of British Columbia or current membership with BCWWA
- Sound (2-3 years) a minimum of 2 years’ experience within the last 5 years working directly in roads or utilities construction, maintenance and operations environment.
- Sound knowledge of the standard practices, methods, materials and tools used in civil construction and or public works related municipal maintenance work.
- Ability to understand and carry out job related instructions
- Ability to safely operate light duty equipment and tools used in work performed relating to civil construction and municipal maintenance operations.
This is a full-time Temporaryposition. The employment term for this position may be for up to four (4) Months with an opportunity for extensionup to two (2) additional months. The current hourly wage rate based on a 40-hour workweek is $32.82.
Interested persons should submit a resume and cover letter by clicking on the APPLY button below no later than September 26, 2021.
No additional documents available for this post.