Program Instructor - Youth Programs
Competition Number: 23022
Job Title: Program Instructor - Youth Programs
Department: Recreation, Culture & Community Services
Employment Type: Program Instructor
Salary: $17.00-$24.00/hour + 4% in lieu
Posted Date: February 14, 2023, 12:00 am
Closing Date: April 10, 2023, 11:30 pm
Last Modified: April 11, 2023, 8:31 am
Program Instructor – Youth Programs: Program Leaders and Facilitators
Courtenay Recreation’s The LINC Youth Centre is looking for a fun and energetic individuals who enjoy working with youth to join our dynamic team this spring and/or summer!
Develop your leadership and facilitation skills while working with youth 8-18 years in structured and unstructured environments. Continue to learn and grow in the field of Recreation and youth work while engaging in team work, collaboration and serving the public!
Program Leaders and Facilitators may work in a variety of programs and camps including:
- birthday parties
- art/mixed media
- sports, including skateboarding and scootering
- leadership/job preparation
- specialty out-trips
- assisting in youth drop-in special events (Youth Week, Haunted House, etc.)
We are hiring for up to 40 hours/week March 27 - April 6 (spring break) and June 19 - September 1 (summer break), with casual hours available in between – including afternoon, evening, or weekend shifts, dependent on registration and staff availability. Programs and camps are facilitated on and off site and applicants must be comfortable supervising participants in both settings.
As a leader or facilitator, you are responsible for the planning, facilitation, direct supervision, and safety of participants in our programs. Wage $17-$24 +4% in lieu depending on education, experience and qualifications. You will also qualify for our generous employee wellness program and a variety of professional development opportunities.
- Must have completed grade 12
- Must have previous experience working with children and/or youth 8 years & over
- Willing to work after school, evenings and weekends or interested in working week-long camps March 27 - April 6 and/or June 19-September 1
- Must possess First Aid and CPR-C certification (or be willing to obtain)
- Must have the ability to instruct special hobbies or skills such as dance, art, sports, skateboarding, scootering or cooking, or a willingness to learn.
- Skatepark etiquette and familiarity, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, High Five, Physical Literacy Training, Food Safe, & NLS certifications are an asset but not required.
- BC Class 4 drivers license (or willing to obtain) for out-trip programs is an asset
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and maintain a level of confidentiality with program participants, volunteers, staff and the public.
- Experience and/or certificates in recreation, education, child & youth care, human services or equivalent will be preferred
How to apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume through the APPLY button below. Interviews will continue until all position are filled.
Successful candidates must consent to completing a criminal record check.
For more information, please email email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those short listed will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.