RCMP Exhibit Custodian
Competition Number: 23031
Job Title: RCMP Exhibit Custodian
Department: Legislative and Corporate Services
Employment Type: part-time
Posted Date: March 28, 2023, 12:00 am
Closing Date: April 10, 2023, 11:30 pm
Last Modified: April 27, 2023, 10:04 am
The City of Courtenay invites applications for the position of part-time "RCMP Exhibit Custodian”. This is a union position subject to the terms and conditions of the current collective agreement between the City and CUPE Local 556.
The City contracts policing services to the Comox Valley RCMP Detachment through the community policing master agreement with the Federal and Provincial governments. Under this contract, the City provides municipal employees to the Detachment for administrative and operational support services. These municipal employees are under the direction and management of RCMP personnel. The RCMP OIC reports to the City’s Director of Legislative and Corporate Services regarding the municipal employees.
The RCMP Exhibit Custodian is responsible for the administration/management, storage, security and disposal of exhibits/evidence for the RCMP Detachment.
- Grade 12 or equivalency
- Applied Police Sciences Certificate or Diploma or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- RCMP “Enhanced Reliability” security clearance
- Valid BC Class 5 Drivers License
- Special Provincial Constable appointment
- Considerable (5 years) experience in a police administrative environment
- Successful completion of the Canadian Firearms Safety Course and Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course
- Experience using PRIME-RMS (Police Records Information Management Environment Records Manager System), CPIC (Canadian Police Information Centre), PAIN (Police Agencies Identification Number), FRT (Firearms Reference Table) and ADR (Asset Disposal Report) for the Province of British Columbia
- Training and/or experience in the use of recognized office computer software
- Knowledge of Criminal Code of Canada, Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act, Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, Canadian Evident Act and various other federal provincial and municipal acts and policies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Law Enforcement Court procedures as it relates to this position
- Knowledge of policies/guidelines and processes/procedure/methods relating to the seizure, handling, processing, packaging and storage of a wide variety of exhibits/evident including biological exhibits (i.g. blood, DNA, other human tissue) is required
- Knowledge of RCMP policies and procedures
- Knowledge of PRIME-BC policies and procedures
- Knowledge of RCMP structure, mandate, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of WorkSafeBC regulations and safe work procedures
- Knowledge of other police databases including CPIC, JUSTIN, PIRES, PRIME, PIO, etc
- Thorough knowledge of various office equipment and office computer software programs
- Sound knowledge of methods, procedure, principles and practices used in records management and the storage of exhibits
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Excellent time management organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail including completing and reviewing details forms, reading, writing and proof-reading memos, letters, statements and other documents and correspondence
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with Court personnel, RCMP members and other staff, all levels of government agencies and charitable organizations
- Ability to deal courteously, professionally and tactfully with all concerns and questions raised by RCMP Members, members of the public and volunteers on the phone, in person and in writing
- Ability to handle and make safe a variety of firearms and improvised explosive devices
- Ability to remain calm during hostile, stressful and/or high-pressure situations
- Ability to obtain and maintain RCMP Enhanced Reliability security screening
- Ability to obtain “Special Provincial Constable” appointment
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and provide solutions to problems that arrive
- Ability to work within and contribute to a proactive team environment
- Ability to interpret and apply policies, regulations and statutes
- Ability to effectively establish and adjust priorities in a rapidly changing work environment
The current hourly wage rate is $33.27. This is a part-time position; start date to be determined.
If you have the qualifications please submit a resume outlining how you meet the qualifications with a covering letter clearly marked “Application – RCMP Exhibit Custodian”. To submit your application, click on the “Apply” button below no later than April 10, 2023.
No additional documents available for this post.