Summer Camp Coordinator
Competition Number: 20010
Job Title: Summer Camp Coordinator
Department: Recreation & Cultural Services
Employment Type: Temporary Position: April 15, 2020 to September 4, 2020
Salary: $21/hour + 4 % lieu of vacation
Posted Date: February 12, 2020, 12:00 am
Closing Date: March 1, 2020, 11:45 pm
Last Modified: March 26, 2020, 1:49 pm
There’s nothing S’MORE fun than summer camp at Courtenay Recreation! Would you like to play a pivotal role in improving skill development, physical activity levels, and social skills with children from the ages of 3-18, all while making life-long memories? We are looking for fun and motivated individuals to join our team for the spring and summer of 2020.
The City of Courtenay is seeking a temporary Summer Camp Coordinator to oversee the coordination, facilitation, and ensure the effective delivery of summer camp programs. This position directs summer camp staff, coordinates summer camp programming, establishes positive working partnerships with community, businesses, social agencies, and recreational groups, and assists in the marketing and promotion of programs and events.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Grade 12 or equivalency
- Current CPR Level C & Standard First Aid
- Current Class 4 driver’s license
- High 5 certifications
- Physical literacy training
- Considerable (5-7 years) experience coordinating and leading summer camps
- Sound experience in the leading of staff and camp programs
- Sound knowledge of appropriate summer camp programs for all age groups
- Sound knowledge of child behavior management strategies
- Sound knowledge of health & safety regulations
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, time-management, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills and abilities to provide and promote a positive team culture, values and satisfaction
- Ability to plan, organize and lead, coach, and motivate staff in a team environment
- Ability to deal with parents and public in a courteous and tactful manner
- Ability to carry out the physical demands of the position
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal records check.
This position is available part-time from April 15 to May 30 and full-time from June 1 until September 4, 2020.
The wage rate is $21.00 per hour. An additional 4% of gross wages is paid in lieu of vacation.
If you have the qualifications along with the passion to help the City of Courtenay provide a fun and safe environment for our summer camp children, please submit your resume and cover letter below.
We will start reviewing applications for this position on March 1, 2020 but this posting will remain open until all positions are filled.
We sincerely thank all applicants – only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.