Summer Camp Leader - Inclusion
Competition Number: 23007
Job Title: Summer Camp Leader - Inclusion
Department: Recreation, Culture & Community Services
Employment Type: Temporary Union-Exempt Position
Salary: Wages range between $17.00 and $22.00 per hour
Posted Date: January 16, 2023, 12:00 am
Closing Date: March 5, 2023, 11:30 pm
Last Modified: March 17, 2023, 9:00 am
Develop your leadership, programming and facilitation skills while providing 1-on-1 support to children ages 5-18 years! Continue to learn and grow in the field of Recreation while enjoying team work, collaboration and serving the public!
Summer Camp Inclusion Leaders are responsible for successfully integrating a wide range of participants with diverse abilities into appropriate summer recreation programs. They are responsible for providing direct supervision, activity adaptation, instruction and leadership to all inclusion participants while promoting healthy lifestyle choices through the incorporation of physical activities and educational components. Inclusion Leaders must maintain accurate written records relating to participants and be able to maintain a level of confidentiality with participants and their parents. Summer programs are facilitated both on and off site and candidates must be comfortable supervising participants in those settings.
They are responsible for:
- Providing direct supervision and encourage independence
- Creating adaptations and facilitate instruction of activities
- Leadership to inclusion participants while promoting healthy lifestyle choices through the incorporation of physical activities and educational components
- Maintaining accurate written records relating to participants and their progress
- Maintaining a level of confidentiality with participants and their parents
- Communicating with parents, Adapted & Inclusive Programming Supervisor, and program instructors to come up with strategies to support the participant in the program
June to September 2023, 8:45 am to 4:15 pm
Wages range between $17.00 and $22.00 per hour; dependent on education and experience.
- Applicants must have First Aid and CPR-C certification or be willing to obtain;
- Applicants must have previous experience working with children with diverse abilities;
- Applicants must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and maintain a level of confidentiality with program participants, volunteers, staff and the public.
- Consent to complete a criminal record check.
How to apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume outlining how you meet the qualifications with a covering letter clearly marked “Application – Summer Camp Leader - Inclusion" through the “Apply” button below no later than February 12, 2023.
No additional documents available for this post.