Competition Number: 23012
Job Title: Summer Lifeguard/Instructor
Department: Recreation, Culture & Community Services
Employment Type: Temporary Union-Exempt Position
Salary: $18.50 - $20.00 per hour
Posted Date: January 16, 2023, 12:00 am
Closing Date: March 5, 2023, 11:30 am
Last Modified: March 29, 2023, 9:31 am
Are you ready to dive into a new opportunity? An amazing season could be yours at the Courtenay & District Memorial Outdoor Pool. This popular Comox Valley attraction has been a staple in the summers of local children and families for generations. Let us know if you want to make a splash by applying for this job opportunity.
Exciting opportunities exist for temporary Lifeguard/Instructor positions to assist in the operation of the outdoor pool facilities; carries out swim lesson instruction, lifeguard and cashiering duties; and assists in the marketing and promotion of pool programs and facility.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Minimum 17 years of age
- Current Criminal Record Clearance
- Standard First Aid & CPR C
- Swim for Life Instructor
- National Lifeguard Service
- Lifeguarding/instructing experience preferred
- Knowledge of pool programming, pool chemistry and pool mechanics
- Knowledge of Health Act requirements
- Strong focus on teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership skills and abilities to provide and promote positive values and recreational benefits
- Ability to prepare lesson plans, instruct and evaluate participants in a group setting.
- Ability to accurately count money and reconcile cash totals
- Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and tactful manner and work effectively and efficiently with other staff
- Physical ability to perform rescues of pool patrons, apply chemicals, set up deck equipment, etc.
These positions are available May until September 2023. Hours vary from part-time to full-time and include early morning, days, evenings and weekends.
Wages may depend on experience and certifications and range from $18.50-$20.00 per hour. An additional 4 % of gross wages is paid in lieu of vacation.
Interested persons with the above qualifications should submit a resume outlining how they meet the qualifications, along with a covering letter clearly marked “Application – Lifeguard /Instructor” no later than February 12th, 2023.
Submit your application through the “Apply” button below.
We sincerely thank all applicants – only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.