Summer Student - Finance
Competition Number: 23023
Job Title: Summer Student - Finance
Department: Financial Services
Employment Type: Temporary (May to August)
Salary: $19.41 per hour + 4% in lieu
Posted Date: February 14, 2023, 12:00 am
Closing Date: February 28, 2023, 11:30 pm
Last Modified: March 1, 2023, 5:59 am
The City of Courtenay is accepting applications from post-secondary students interested in summer employment in the Finance Department during the 2023 property tax season.
Duties may include:
- Processing, reviewing and reconciling tax and utility payment batches;
- Processing all outgoing mail for City Hall;
- Assisting at the front counter taking various payments and processing through a cash register;
- Compiling tax overpayment information for review by Tax Clerk;
- Assisting with the collection of delinquent taxes
- Providing other basic clerical assistance in the Department as directed.
- Grade 12 or equivalency (preference will be given to students with completed 1st year of post secondary program)
- Enrollment in a Business Administration program, preferably majoring in Accounting or related discipline, at a post-secondary institution with plans to continue studies in the fall of 2023.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and independently
- Ability to understand and carry out job related instructions
This is a union position subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the current collective agreement between the City and CUPE, Local 556. The current hourly wage rate is $19.41 per hour based on a 35-hour work week. An additional 4% of gross wages is paid in lieu of vacation. This position is available for 4 months (May to August).
Interested persons who meet the above qualifications should submit a resume outlining how they meet the qualifications, along with a covering letter, by clicking on the “Apply” button below by February 28, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please refer back to the posting on the City’s website for status on the filling of this position.
No additional documents available for this post.