City Extending Feedback Deadline for DCC Bylaw Update
June 19, 2015
The City of Courtenay is extending the deadline for written submissions on the proposed changes to the Development Cost Charges (DCC) bylaw until July 3, 2015.
The city held an information session on June 9, 2015 for the public, developers, and interested parties.
The DCC bylaw update is considered an interim update. It will modernize the 2005 bylaw with current cost estimates, remove completed projects, and add a limited number of new projects. With a number of master plans and other work being completed in the near future, a comprehensive update of the DCC bylaw should take place within the next two years.
The DCC bylaw update has been launched in response to requests from the development community to modernize the current bylaw.
Comments may be submitted:
By email: email@example.com
City of Courtenay Engineering
830 Cliffe Avenue
Courtenay, B.C. V9N 2J7
Project Next Steps
- Public information / comment gathering – WE ARE HERE
- Report out to Council on what we heard
- Engagement follow up: check back in with industry
- Gather outstanding comments
- Prepare final draft and present to Council
- Complete bylaw process for first three readings
- Ministry review
- Fourth and final reading
- Implement new DCC rates
Find out more:
- DRAFT DCC Bylaw Update Report [PDF - 2.3 MB]
- DCC Open House Boards, June 9, 2015 [PDF - 1.7 MB]
- City of Courtenay Development Cost Charges
- June 11, 2015: City Seeks Feedback on DCC Bylaw Update
- May 29, 2015: Public Information Session on DCC Bylaw Update
For more information, please contact the City of Courtenay Engineering Department at 250-334-4441 or email firstname.lastname@example.org