Job Title: On-call Clerical
Department: Recreation & Cultural Services Department
Employment Type: Casual, on-call
Salary: $25.42/hr + 10.4% of gross wages
Posted Date: October 3, 2017, 12:00 am
Closing Date: October 17, 2017, 11:45 pm
Last Modified: October 18, 2017, 8:49 am
The City of Courtenay invites written applications for casual clerical staff at the Lewis and Filberg Centres. This is a union position and is subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the current collective agreement between the City and CUPE Local 556.
Primary responsibilities include reception duties for the general public and facility users regarding community and recreation services and programs, and providing clerical support to office and program staff.
Minimum qualifications include:
- 1 year of post-secondary Business Technology or Administration, OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Current First Aid Emergency Level - Industry and CPR Level C
- Some (2 years) receptionist, clerical, and cash-handling experience
- Considerable knowledge in the operation of various office equipment and office software programs such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Some knowledge in basic bookkeeping principles and practices
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, organizational, communication, time management, computer and keyboarding skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and tactful manner
- Ability to work well as part of a team; and independently or occasionally work alone without supervision
- Sound work ethics
- Criminal Record Clearance
These are casual on-call positions involving shifts during regular business hours and also some evenings and weekends. The 2017 wage rate is $25.42 per hour. An additional 10.4% of gross wages is paid in lieu of vacation, statutory holidays and benefits.
Interested persons who meet the above qualifications and are available to respond to assignments on short notice should submit a resume outlining how they meet the qualifications, along with a covering letter clearly marked, “Application – Casual Clerical - Recreation” to Human Resources no later than October 17, 2017.
To submit your application, click on the “Apply” button below.
We sincerely thank all applicants – only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.