Job Title: Receptionist
Department: Financial Services
Employment Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.57 to start/ $27.38 after 3 months/ $28.22 after 6 months
Posted Date: October 22, 2017, 12:00 am
Closing Date: November 30, 2017, 11:45 pm
Last Modified: December 8, 2017, 6:08 am
The City of Courtenay invites applications for the position of "Receptionist” at City Hall. This is a union position subject to the terms and conditions of the current collective agreement between the City and CUPE Local 556.
Reporting to the Manager of Finance this position is responsible for reception and telephone switchboard duties as well as cashier duties at City Hall. The Receptionist also performs finance and administration clerical support as required.
Minimum qualifications include:
- 1 year administrative office/business technology certificate or related discipline from a recognized educational institution, OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Sound (3 years) experience in reception, telephone and cash handling
- Thorough knowledge of various office equipment and office computer software programs
- Some knowledge in basic bookkeeping principles and practices
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, organizational, communication, time management, computer and keyboarding skills
- Ability to accurately process and reconcile cash
- Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and tactful manner
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and independently
- Ability to multi-task and cope effectively with deadlines
This is a full-time position available immediately. Hours of work are generally 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. The 2017 wage rates, based on a 35-hour workweek, are $26.57 to start, $27.38 after 3 months, and $28.22 after 6 months. A comprehensive benefit package is also offered.
Interested persons should submit a resume and cover letter outlining how they believe they meet the above qualifications.
To submit your application, click on the “Apply” button below.
We sincerely thank all applicants – only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.