Social Media Policy
The City of Courtenay welcomes respectful comments and discussion on our social media pages.
Please be aware that when engaging with the City of Courtenay on social media, you agree to refrain from posting the following:
- Irrelevant posts or external links, including spam
- Profane language or content
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical characteristics, disability, marital status, family status, age, ancestry, place of origin, place of residence, socioeconomic background or linguistic background
- Abusive or hurtful comments directed toward another individual or City staff
- Sexual content, comments, or links to sexual content
- Solicitations of commerce
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity
- Information that could compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
- Content that reveals personal or private information about any particular person, or that is otherwise protected by the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act or any other applicable privacy legislation
- Content for the purposes of promoting a candidate for municipal, provincial, or federal election, or for Council appointments
- Content that violates any City policy, or any other content deemed inappropriate
The City may hide or remove comments and may mute, block, or ban users for violating these social media guidelines.
Thank you for helping keep our pages productive forums for sharing information and dialogue with our community.