Celebrate Youth Week at The LINC!
BC Youth Week is May 1 – 7 and The LINC Youth Centre invites Comox Valley youth to come and enjoy events throughout the week! Youth Week is an annual international event celebrating the value, diversity and positive contributions youth make in their communities.
All Youth Week events are at The LINC, 300 Old Island Hwy, except where noted.Doors open at 3pm for drop-in and youth week activities will begin shortly thereafter. Here’s a snapshot of the week’s events:
- Tuesday, May 2 (8 -11 years, $2.50 drop-in): Tween Night Surprise
- Wednesday, May 3 (8 years & over, $2.50 drop-in): 2 for 1 Drop-in & Minute to Win It Challenges
- Thursday, May 4 (11 years & over, free admission): FREE SK8 Park Jam sponsored by RDS, Onethirtythree Boardshop and EZ Pro Scooters
- Friday, May 5 (11 years & over, $10 (pre-register by May 2)or $15 drop-in in space allows): Extreme Rec Night V (various locations) featuring archery tag, rock climbing, dodgeball, swimming, pizza snacks & more
- Saturday, May 6 (free admission): Gnarly Spring Craft Fair featuring youth vendors 9 - 19 years from 11am - 3pm at the Native Sons Hall
- Saturday, May 6 (11 years & over, free admission): FREE Youth Week Wrap Up BBQ
“We’ve been celebrating youth week at The LINC for over 10 years and we are excited to be doing it again with some awesome activities,” says Alexis Forbes, youth services coordinator at The LINC, “We have daily door prizes and swag during Youth Week, so for those who haven’t been to The LINC before, it’s a great time to check it out!”
For more information call The LINC Youth Centre at 250-334-8138, email email@example.com, or check out their Facebook page for youth week postings.