Courtenay Recreation: COVID-19 Update
March 13, 2020
Our recreation facilities including the Lewis Centre, the Florence Filberg Centre and The LINC Youth Centre remain open and programs are running as scheduled. Due to the recommendation of social distancing though, some recreation events may be postponed. We will post updates here on our website as we have them.
In the midst of this crisis, Courtenay Recreation staff are working to provide a safe and sanitary environment for patrons. All recreation facilities are receiving extra daily cleaning including high contact points like washrooms, common areas and the Wellness Centre. Wellness Centre patrons are also being asked to clean equipment carefully after each use.
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell
- If you have recently travelled outside of Canada, please follow the BC Government recommendations of staying home for 14 days upon your return
- When in public, maintain social distancing (One metre minimum recommended)
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (use hand sanitizer if soap and water is not available)
- Avoid touching your face and cough & sneeze into your sleeve
This is a developing situation and we are carefully monitoring updates from the Provincial and Federal Government. Stay Informed! Check our COVID-19 Coronavirus Update page for information and important links.