COVID-19 Coronavirus Update
Comox Valley local governments are taking precautionary measures in support of the Public Health Agency of Canada and the BC Ministry of Health and their efforts to contain the novel coronavirus (COVID-19.
The Comox Valley Regional District has opened a regional level 2 emergency operations centre to help manage this situation in collaboration with the City of Courtenay, Town of Comox and Village of Cumberland to support public health and the Vancouver Island Health Authority.
For updates visit: comoxvalleyrd.ca/covid19
Region-wide Updates - Comox Valley Regional District
City of Courtenay Updates
- BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC)
- Island Health
- Province of BC COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information
- BC Government News on COVID-19
- HealthLink BC - Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- Province of BC Pandemic Preparedness
- BC Chamber of Commerce - Resources for Businesses Affected by COVID-19 (need a login)
- First Nations Health Authority - Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Government of Canada Financial Resources Available
- Public Heath Agency of Canada - Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- World Health Organization
COVID-19 Information Lines:
- Government of Canada novel coronavirus information line: 1-833-784-4397
- BC COVID Information Line for non-medical information on the virus, from travel recommendations to social distancing:
1-888-COVID-19 (1-888-268-4319) seven days a week 7:30 am until 8:00 pm
or text 604-630-0300
For those experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, the BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool will help determine whether you may need further assessment or testing for COVID-19.
You can also call the Health Information Line 8-1-1.