COVID-19 Coronavirus Update
City of Courtenay facilities have been closed to the public since March 16, 2020. City staff are providing assistance by phone and email, and as many business operations as possible are continuing under the circumstances.
Frequently Requested City Services
- Property Taxes
- Home Owner Grants
- Bill Payments
- Building and Plumbing Permits
- Business Licences
- Development Permits
- Cemetery Services
- Dog Licences
- Garbage, Recycling and Yard Waste
- Lawn Sprinkling Permits
Comox Valley local governments are taking precautionary measures in support of the Public Health Agency of Canada and the BC Ministry of Health and their efforts to contain the novel coronavirus (COVID-19.
The Comox Valley Regional District has opened a regional level 2 emergency operations centre to help manage this situation in collaboration with the City of Courtenay, Town of Comox and Village of Cumberland to support public health and the Vancouver Island Health Authority.
For updates visit: comoxvalleyrd.ca/covid19
Region-wide Updates - Comox Valley Regional District
City of Courtenay Updates
Local and Provincial Resources:
- BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC)
- World Health Organization
- Island Health
- First Nations Health Authority - Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- HealthLink BC - Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- BC Government News on COVID-19
- Government of Canada COVId-19 Information
- Province of BC Pandemic Preparedness
COVID-19 Information Lines:
- Government of Canada novel coronavirus information line: 1-833-784-4397
- BC COVID Information Line for non-medical information on the virus, from travel recommendations to social distancing:
1-888-COVID-19 (1-888-268-4319) seven days a week 7:30 am until 8:00 pm
or text 604-630-0300
For those experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, the BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool will help determine whether you may need further assessment or testing for COVID-19.
You can also call the Health Information Line 8-1-1.