COVID-19 Update: Frequently Requested Resources
5th Street Bridge Project
The 5th Street Bridge Project is underway. Expect delays and detours if you drive, walk, cycle or take transit. Plan ahead and allow extra time for daily commutes. Construction continues until November 2021. Learn more: www.courtenay.ca/5thstreetbridge
City of Courtenay Facilities
Following the move to Step 3 of BC's Restart Plan, and the release of new guidelines for workplaces, City of Courtenay facilities will have a phased and gradual reopening in July 2021 and continuing throughout the summer. We appreciate your patience as we move forward as procedures and signage are updated to reflect new public health, industry specific, and WorkSafeBC guidelines.
Courtenay Recreation facilities will reopen more fully starting in July and continuing throughout the summer.
Courtenay City Hall, Public Works, and the Courtenay Fire Hall have reopened to the public.
Frequently Requested City Services
- Property Taxes
- Home Owner Grants
- Bill Payments
- Building and Plumbing Permits
- Business Licences
- Development Permits
- Cemetery Services
- Dog Licences
- Garbage, Recycling and Yard Waste
- Lawn Sprinkling Permits
Local and Provincial Resources:
- BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC)
- World Health Organization
- Island Health
- First Nations Health Authority - Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- HealthLink BC - Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- BC Government News on COVID-19
- Government of Canada COVId-19 Information
- Province of BC Pandemic Preparedness
COVID-19 Information Lines:
- Government of Canada novel coronavirus information line: 1-833-784-4397
- BC COVID Information Line for non-medical information on the virus, from travel recommendations to social distancing:
1-888-COVID-19 (1-888-268-4319) seven days a week 7:30 am until 8:00 pm
or text 604-630-0300
For those experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, the BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool will help determine whether you may need further assessment or testing for COVID-19.
You can also call the Health Information Line 8-1-1.