Public Works Summer Student
Competition Number: 20018
Job Title: Public Works Summer Student
Department: Public Works Services
Employment Type: Temporary Full-time Position: May through August 2020
Salary: $17.98 + 4 % in lieu of vacation
Posted Date: February 28, 2020, 12:00 am
Closing Date: March 22, 2020, 11:45 pm
Last Modified: March 26, 2020, 1:42 pm
Are you a post-secondary student looking for a challenging but fun job working with great people while serving your community?
The City of Courtenay is accepting applications from post-secondary students interested in summer employment with the City's Public Works Department this year.
Duties may include:
- General labour based assistance in maintenance of roads, parks and other City infrastructure;
- Picking up garbage and litter in public areas;
- Operating light trucks and equipment, hand and power tools.
- Grade 12, or equivalency
- Current full-time enrolment in a recognized post-secondary educational institution
- Valid BC Drivers License
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and independently
- Ability to understand and carry out job related instructions
- Ability to carry out the physical demands of the job
These union positions are subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the current collective agreement between the City and CUPE, Local 556. The current hourly wage rate is $17.98 per hour based on a 40 hour work week. An additional 4% of gross wages is paid in lieu of vacation. This position is available for 4 months (May – August 2020).
Please submit your resume outlining how you meet the above qualifications along with a covering letter marked “Application – Public Works Summer Student” by 11:59 pm on March 22, 2020. To submit your application, click on the “Apply” button below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.