File Electronic Home Owner Grant Online
May 25, 2015
(link no longer available)
Claim your home owner grant conveniently online until July 2, 2015 at 4:30 pm. You will need your 2015 Property Tax Notice to claim your grant.
Step 1: Click the link above to access the online form
Step 2: Enter your PIN and Folio numbers exactly as shown on your tax notice and click "Log In"
Step 3: Fill in your responses to to the other questions
Step 4: Submit and print your confirmation *
*Some property owners may need to claim their Home Owner Grant at City Hall.
Payment of property taxes can be made through online or telephone banking with your Financial Institution.
Electric Home Owner Grant Frequently Asked Questions
1.Why did I get an error message when I tried to claim my Home Owner Grant online?
There are several potential reasons why a Home Owner Grant may not be claimed electronically:
- Your property changed owners after the property tax levy was generated in early May 2015
- Your property has multiple owners, and the Home Owner Grant has already been claimed for your property
- You are a person with a disability claiming an additional grant for the first time, or you need to provide a copy of the provincial “Level 2” certificate annually
2. Do I have to claim my Home Owner Grant electronically?
No. If you prefer, you have the option to claim your Home Owner Grant in person at Courtenay City Hall, through the mail, by fax to 250-334-4241, or dropped in the after-hours mail slot located in the main front doors at City Hall.
3. I waited until after July 2. How can I claim my Home Owner Grant?
The Electronic Home Owner Grant option is only available until July 2. After that date, you will need to claim your grant through one of the other methods noted above.
For more information Home Owner Grant including the paper copy of the form please visit the BC Homeowner Grant page.
If you experience any issues, please contact us for assistance.