Competition Number: 20006
Job Title: Aquatic Supervisor
Department: Recreation & Cultural Services
Employment Type: Temporary Position: April 6, 2020 to September 5, 2020
Salary: $24.50/hr + 10.4% in lieu of vacation, statutory holidays and benefits
Posted Date: February 6, 2020, 4:13 pm
Closing Date: February 26, 2020, 11:45 pm
Last Modified: March 26, 2020, 1:57 pm
The City of Courtenay is thinking about "Back to Pool" time again !!!
We are looking for an enthusiastic swimmer and leader to oversee our Aquatic Team at the Courtenay & District Memorial Outdoor Pool as an Aquatic Supervisor. This popular Comox Valley attraction has been a staple in the summers of local children and families for generations. Let us know if you want to make a splash by applying for this unique job opportunity.
This valuable position oversees the operation of the outdoor pool facilities and ensures the effective delivery of lifeguard services and aquatic programs. This position supervises pool staff, establishes positive working partnerships with community, businesses, social agencies, and recreational groups, and assists in the marketing and promotion of programs and events.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Grade 12 or equivalency
- Current CPR Level C & Standard First Aid
- Current Water Safety Instructor
- Current National Lifeguard Pool Service
- Pool operators certification
- Considerable (5-7 years) lifeguarding/instructing experience
- Sound experience in the supervision of staff and pool facilities
- Sound knowledge of aquatic programs for all age groups
- Sound knowledge of pool chemistry and pool mechanical systems
- Sound Knowledge of Health Act, WHMIS, and WCB regulations
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, time-management, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills and abilities to provide and promote a positive team culture, values and satisfaction
- Ability to plan, organize and lead, coach, and motivate staff in a team environment
- Ability to deal with public in a courteous and tactful manner
- Ability to carry out the physical demands of the position.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal records check.
This position is available April 6 until September 5, 2020. The wage rate is $24.50 per hour. An additional 10.4% of gross wages is paid in lieu of vacation, statutory holidays and benefits.
If you have the qualifications along with the passion to help Courtenay recreation have the best pool season yet, then submit a resume and cover letter by clicking on the "Apply" button below.
We sincerely thank all applicants – only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Application Deadline: February 26, 2020
No additional documents available for this post.