Competition Number: 19031
Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Department: Legislative and Corporate Services
Employment Type: Full-time
Salary: $40.50 / hour
Posted Date: June 5, 2019, 12:00 am
Closing Date: September 17, 2019, 10:30 am
Last Modified: September 17, 2019, 10:57 am
The City of Courtenay invites applications for the position of "Procurement Specialist" in the Purchasing Division of the Legislative and Corporate Services Department. This is a union position subject to the terms and conditions in the collective agreement between the City and CUPE Local 556.
The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for a variety of procurement functions including but not limited to the preparation of competitive bid documents such as tenders; making requests for quotations and proposals for user departments; setting up evaluation processes; resolving bid irregularities; performing price and cost analyses; negotiating acceptable prices, terms and condition and monitoring for effectiveness as well as contract management.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Diploma or Degree in a Business related field from a recognized educational institution, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Completion of Level 2 (SCMP) Supply Chain Management Professional accreditation program from the Purchasing Management Association of Canada OR (CPPB) Certified Professional Public Buyer accreditation from the Universal Public Procurement Certification Council
- Considerable (5 years) purchasing related experience and contractual practices preferably in the public sector
- Police Information Check
- Considerable knowledge of current purchasing methods and best practices, competitive processes, and the legislation and regulations relating to purchasing activities
- Thorough knowledge of various office equipment and computer software programs
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, communication, negotiation, organizational, time management, analytical, computer and keyboarding skills
- Ability to read and have a general understanding of technical and legal documents and government regulations
- Ability to effectively multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and independently
- Ability to deal courteously, tactfully and diplomatically with vendors, contractors, the general public and City staff
This is a full-time position available soon. The 2019 hourly wage rate is $40.50 based on a 35-hour work week.
If you have the above qualifications along with the passion to help Courtenay become the most liveable City in British Columbia, then submit a resume outlining how you meet the qualifications with a covering letter clearly marked “Procurement Specialist".
To submit your application, click on the “Apply” button below.
We sincerely thank all applicants – only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.