Strategic Financial Analyst
Competition Number: 20002
Job Title: Strategic Financial Analyst
Department: Financial Services Department
Employment Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive Salary and Comprehensive Benefit Plan
Posted Date: January 13, 2020, 4:00 pm
Closing Date: February 14, 2020, 11:45 pm
Last Modified: March 26, 2020, 6:59 am
With a commitment to municipal asset management, Courtenay is an innovative, vibrant and growing City that works together to provide opportunities and excellent services making our community a great place to live, work and do business. The City fosters a positive work environment for everyone on our team. Our organization's culture is demonstrated by our Corporate Mission and Core Values.
The City of Courtenay is looking for a Strategic Financial Analyst to support our
Financial Services Team.
Reporting to the Manager of Financial Planning, Payroll and Business Performance, the successful candidate provides support in the preparation of the annual operating and capital budget and short and long-range financial plans.
This position is also involved in supporting the development, implementation and management of the City’s analytical and performance measurement strategies; and works closely with senior leadership and all departments in the execution of business performance strategies.
The ideal candidate will possess an undergraduate degree in Business Commerce or other related discipline; a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation; a minimum of 3 years of experience in strategic financial planning, reporting, budgeting and analysis functions; and 3 years of experience providing support to management teams in the creation of materials such as business cases, formal presentations and briefing notes.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Member in good standing with CPA professional accounting association
- Change management, risk management, and/or project management experience
- Proven experience with activity, workflow and organizational analysis for process re-engineering or efficiency improvements
- Ability to work at an advanced level in MS programs
- Demonstrated exposure and understanding of internal control systems in a multidivisional organization
- Ability to work with ambiguity and thrive in a changing environment while experiencing resource constraints
- Strong communication skills with ability to articulate complex financial matters to a non-financial audience
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills with the ability to identify trends, establish benchmarks and provide credible analysis and business recommendations with particular emphasis on periodic variance analysis and reporting
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to create integrated plans, influence outcomes and engage multiple stakeholders
- Capacity to build partnerships, work collaboratively and effectively communicate
- Recognized as ethical, independent and service focused, demonstrating high standards of professionalism and respect for confidentiality
- Certification and training in change management, risk management, project management and/or quality improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma would be an asset
- Local Government experience
- Courses in Asset Management systems and best practices
The successful candidate will have to undergo a Criminal Record Review before commencing employment
This position is available soon. A comprehensive benefit package and competitive salary range is offered including:
- A comprehensive health benefits plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Cumulative Sick Leave Plan
- Annual Vacation and Other Paid Leaves
- Professional Development & Training Opportunities
If your skills and abilities align with this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking on the “Apply” button below.
Posting Closes: February 14, 2020.
No additional documents available for this post.