Summer Camp Senior Leaders
Competition Number: 20009
Job Title: Summer Camp Senior Leaders
Department: Recreation & Cultural Services
Employment Type: Temporary Position: June 15, 2020 to September 4, 2020
Salary: $16 - $20/hour + 4 % in lieu of vacation
Posted Date: February 12, 2020, 12:00 am
Closing Date: March 8, 2020, 11:45 pm
Last Modified: March 26, 2020, 1:53 pm
Develop your leadership, programming and facilitation skills while delivering summer camps to children ages 3-18 years! Continue to learn and grow in the field of Recreation while enjoying team work, collaboration and serving the public!
As a Senior Camp Leader, you are responsible for developing weekly program plans for summer camp participants in the areas of leisure hobbies, sports, cooking, STEM, performing arts, culture, physical literacy, socialization and outdoor exploration. You are also responsible for providing direct supervision, instruction and leadership to all participants while promoting healthy lifestyle choices through the incorporation of physical activities and educational components. Senior Leaders will also act as mentors to volunteers and junior leaders by helping them develop their leadership skills. Summer programs are facilitated both on and off site and some candidates will be required to drive groups of children to off-site venues in vehicles supplied by the City and take groups on over-night campouts.
We are hiring for up to 40 hours per week June 15th – September 4th. Wages range from $16-$20/hour +4% in lieu. Please note the position(s) you are applying for in your cover letter.
- Applicants must be available to work from June 15th through to September 4th, 2020 between the hours of 7:45am and 5:30pm Monday to Friday;
- Completed Grade 12;
- Applicants must have First Aid and CRP C certification or be willing to obtain;
- A class 4 BC driver’s license, High Five, Physical Literacy Training, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, Food Safe, & NLS certifications are an asset;
- Applicants must have previous experience working with children;
- Ability to instruct special hobbies or skills such as dance, art, skateboarding, scootering and cooking is an asset;
- Applicants must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and maintain a level of confidentiality with program participants, volunteers, staff and the public.
- Consent to complete a criminal record check.
If you would like to apply, please submit your cover letter and resume by clicking on the "Apply" button below.
We will start reviewing applications for this position on March 8, 2020 but this posting will remain open until all positions are filled.
No additional documents available for this post.