Competition Number: 20017
Job Title: Lifeguard/Instructors
Department: Recreation & Cultural Services
Employment Type: Temporary: May 18, 2020 to September 5, 2020
Posted Date: February 14, 2020, 12:00 am
Closing Date: April 26, 2020, 11:45 pm
Last Modified: April 27, 2020, 5:59 am
Do you want to make a splash this summer? An amazing summer season could be yours at the Courtenay & District Memorial Outdoor Pool. This popular Comox Valley attraction has been a staple in the summers of local children and families for generations.
Exciting opportunities exist for temporary Lifeguard/Instructor positions to assist in the operation of the outdoor pool facilities; carries out swim lesson instruction, lifeguard and cashiering duties; and assists in the marketing and promotion of pool programs and facility.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Minimum 17 years of age
- Current Criminal Record Clearance
- Standard First Aid & CPR C
- Water Safety Instructor
- National Lifeguard Service
- Lifeguarding/instructing experience preferred
- Knowledge of pool programming, pool chemistry and pool mechanics
- Knowledge of Health Act requirements
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership skills and abilities to provide and promote positive values and recreational benefits
- Ability to prepare lesson plans, instruct and evaluate participants in a group setting.
- Ability to accurately count money and reconcile cash totals
- Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and tactful manner and work effectively and efficiently with other staff
- Physical ability to perform rescues of pool patrons, apply chemicals, set-up deck equipment, etc.
The anticipated start date for these positions is in May until September 5, 2020. Hours vary from part-time to full-time and include days, evenings and weekends.
The wage rate is $18.50 per hour. An additional 4 % of gross wages is paid in lieu of vacation and statutory holidays.
Interested persons with the above qualifications should submit a resume and cover letter by clicking on the "Apply" button below.
We sincerely thank all applicants – only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.